To get involved, consider joining us at one of the community work days we offer per month. You can find more information and register at the links below:
Kalou Fishpond Community Work Day (First Saturdays)
Waialeʻe Community Work Day (Third Saturdays)
Both work days include removing invasive weeds, planting and tending Hawaiian crops, and other tasks suitable for all ages and skill levels. You will have the option to enter the wetland so if you are interested please plan accordingly.
Remember to bring:
- Footwear and clothing for outdoor work (close-toed recommended)
- If you plan to enter wetland: tabis, water shoes, or old sneakers you don’t mind getting wet and muddy (slip-on rubber boots won’t work! Old athletic shoes work great!)
- A reusable water bottle with at least 2 liters of water
- Sun protection: reef-safe sunblock, hat, etc.
- Mosquito protection: non-DEET bug spray and/or long sleeves and pants
- Optional: Your own gardening gloves and weeding tools, if desired (we will also provide clean gloves and tools)
- Optional: A change of clothes and a bag or container for your wet shoes and clothes
- Optional: a pot-luck snack or dish to share
More information and directions are found at the RSVP links above.